By now most of you know that we are expecting our second child. If you read my personal update a little while back then you also know we had been trying to a while to get pregnant and ended up having to go through a round of fertility treatments. Because this is our second child, I knew pretty much what to expect and what I would and wouldn’t need, but it’s always fun to go through the fun of planning and soaking up every step of the way.
So today, I’m going to share all the essentials I needed in my first trimester with both Bailey and this pregnancy. Enjoy!
- Holmes Ultrasonic Cube Humidifier: This has been a blessing because my skin has been SO dry this pregnancy and this winter and I love how this one is more adult friendly and blends in with the room better than most humidifiers. (I can’t find the one we got at Target, but THIS a similar one on Amazon.)
- Stretch Mark Cream: This stuff is amazing, all natural, and prevents new while healing old stretch marks! I never thought I would be able to get rid of the marks I got with my first pregnancy while preventing new ones!!
- LG Tablet: This or any electronic reader is definitely a new thing this pregnancy and I have to say I love it! I can read without needing a lamp or having to hold on to a book and can take it with me to all my doctor’s appointments.
- Prenatal Vitamins: I went through 5 brands with Bailey and 3 brands with this baby to find one that didn’t make me nauseous so just find the right one that works for you.
- Prenatal Yoga Video: I got one when I was pregnant with Bailey and I love how it really helps take away some of the achiness and “stretching pain”.
- Maxi Dresses: If you searched for any first trimester essentials list, I guarantee at least 90% of them will have maxi dresses on there.
- Lounge pants: Like maxi dresses, a reason isn’t really needed 😉
- The Hot Mom to Be Handbook by Jessica Denay (not pictured): Such an easy read and a big boost to make sure you’re being the best you that you can be so you can be the best Mama you can be.
- Ginger Ale: Saved the best for last…I couldn’t live without this stuff in either of these pregnancies. This and saltines are what I think really got me through the crazy nausea with this baby.
I hope you enjoyed this pregnancy post because I love sharing this with you! I’m a researcher and love hearing about what other’s have needed during all throughout their pregnancies so let me know in the comments what you can’t live without!