I’m so excited to finally show our 95% completed laundry room! It’s bright, airy, cheerful and makes doing laundry not so yucky! At the end of the post, I’ll share the links to all of the other laundry related posts. Enjoy!
The laundry bags hand nicely on single white hooks. I initially thought we’d mount the hooks to a small piece of wood but we just screwed them right into a stud and they haven’t moved 🙂
I keep this painted wooden crate I found at a yard sale in here as well to hold Bailey’s outside equipment. Eventually this stuff will go in the garage (minus her sandals).
Here is one of the projects that haven’t been finished. We decided to replace the dog door in here because the other one was really gross and apparently the size of the frame has changed since the previous owners bought the older dog door…hence the black dish towel shoved in there. We are probably going to replace the door because we also have to replace the weather stripping too.
On the back of the door, I hung a cheap over-the-door shoe rack to hold cleaning supplies. While this really works well, we are trying to start using up all the chemical based cleaners and start using more DIY all natural cleaners. We’re getting there…
And here was the biggest project! We removed the ugly shelf and installed this beautiful glass door cabinet. I LOVE IT!
Inside the cabinet I tried to make things look as pretty as possible so we transferred our detergent to the drink dispenser (I kept the purple lid from one of the old detergent bottles to use until I find a cup to replace it with), transferred the baking soda, Cascade dish detergent, and Borax to glass containers that match the drink dispenser, and have a box on the top shelf that holds…
Lightbulbs! I just put a sheet of white tissue paper (from gift wrapping) in the bottom and sit the lightbulbs on top of it. We don’t keep a huge stock of bulbs because we are gradually replacing as many as possible with the curly ones 🙂 Although this box will be getting moved to the linen closet because I need a space for the iron…
Beside the cabinet, I hung the ironing board from the Young House Love picture hangers below. These are hung using plastic wall anchors so it’s not going anywhere. Beside the ironing board, I hung another nail to hold two flyswatters.
How cute are these!!!!
So here’s the breakdown and the links that go with them!
What we have done:
- Removed the shelf, repainted and hung the cabinet
- Framed the stain guide, then repainted it
- DIY chalkboard labeled jars
- Bought the Ikea Bumerang hangers for hang dry clothes
- Bought the rug from our Mood Board
- Bought and put the new cover (from Home Goods) on the ironing board
- Hung the ironing board on the Young House Love hooks from Target
- Hung the dryer vent cleaner (from Home Goods)
- Created the Light/Dark Laundry bags from THIS post at The Pin Junkie
- Put the light bulbs in a photo box from Michaels with tissue paper
- Repurposed the shower curtain rod to the hang dry rod
- Hung the fly swatters
- Move the lightbulb box and put the iron there
- Fix the dog door/Replace the door
- Move Bailey’s toys to the garage
- Find a cup for the detergent
- Use up the cleaners