Have you ever had something just staring you in the face that you need you needed to get done but just really didn’t have the motivation to finish? That was me…literally. If you read my last post about painting tall walls, you know what I’m talking about. While my husband was away at his annual training, I was up late at night painting walls and working on projects. What can I say, when the cat’s away…wait I’m not sure I’d call painting my walls playing…or would I? Anyway, I got the majority of the living room painted except the middles of the walls that got to tall for me to reach. So yesterday I decided that since it was raining, that’s what I was going to do…finally finish!
We still have a few more things to do which I’ll tell you about after all the pictures and I’ll also list what we’ve done so far.
Here is the MLS photo from where we started…very boring, and very beige.
And here is the new view from the entry. To the right of this photo is our office area which I will hopefully be able to show soon…if I can remember to go get a curtain rod.
View from the french doors to the backyard…
The gorgeous TV stand my dad built by using pictures of one we saw at Home Goods for $400…almost identical to this one. On top of being a genius he’s quite talented 🙂 (Love you pops!)
This coffee table was a Craigslist find for $50 but was actually built by a 19 year old in Alvin, TX using old pallets. I was so pleased with it once we got it home.
Our coffee table tray is still quite empty but we just got it so I have decided what’s going in it yet.
I found this beautiful print on clearance at Kirkland’s for $25! It was originally $120!!!!
Work so far:
- Painted all walls Sherwin Williams Natural Choice (a beautiful creamy white)
- Bought a new sectional from BEL Furniture (I don’t remember the name and it’s not on the website)
- Dad built the TV Stand
- Bought the coffee table from Craigslist (if you live in/around Houston and like that piece the guy told Adam he does other pieces and sizes as well)
- Bought the side table at Home Goods
- Hung the Horse print from Kirkland’s, clock from Target, wreath from a garage sale, and Adam’s skull mount
- Items on the mantel include: pinecone candle holders clearance, cow print frame, and barnwood frame Hobby Lobby; wax warmer from Wal-Mart, unity candles from our wedding, and Adam’s grandpa’s military “treasure” (pins, bullets, etc) in the black case
- Basket from Home Goods on the fireplace “bench” holding blankets
- Black iron fireplace set from Target
- Wood cross art from Hobby Lobby (purchased today)
- Dairy Cow Tray on coffee table from Home Goods (purchased this week)
- Add crown molding
- Repaint the fireplace
- Buy a rug
- Create a 3×3 gallery wall similar to this one on the blank wall by the tv
- Get baskets for magazines on bottom shelf of the coffee table
- Decorate the coffee table tray
- Frame a picture to go on the TV stand
- Drill screws into the brick to hang the wood cross art (which is why it’s sitting next to the fireplace)
As you can see, we are almost through with this room thank goodness. We do spend the majority of our time in this room so since it’s been in upheaval recently because of painting it’s been a little crazy. Hopefully now that the biggest room in our house is painted, I can breeze through the last few rooms that need it.
So tell me, what’s been your biggest, most daunting task in your home?
I hope you enjoyed this room tour, and as always, thanks for stopping by!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you purchase an item or sign up for a service through a link in this post I may receive a commission. This in no way raises the prices for you nor does it compromise your personal information. In fact, being an affiliate for such programs often gives me the opportunity to offer my readers fabulous discounts or offers not available to the public. Any compensation received will in no way effect my opinions and all products or services that I recommend are of my honest opinions and I feel that you could benefit from such products or services. Thank you in advance if you do decide to participate in any offers you find here because your support is a big help to me in being able to maintain our blog and in return share with you future offers and giveaways.