Something I started doing about a year ago was a night time routine or ritual. Doing a few simple steps before I go to bed every night has really helped my overall sleep and affects the way I’m feeling before I fall asleep. Part of that is keeping the things I need during that routine handy so that I’m more apt to follow through and use the products. I have figured out how to keep these nightstand essentials convenient without cluttering up my nightstand and with keeping the calming aesthetic we are trying to achieve for our bedroom.
- Lamp. I love this table lamp from World Market. The glass base would help the nightstand appear less clutter, and the design would go with so many decor styles.
- Tray. This is a set of 3 farmhouse style trays so you could use 2 more in different areas of your home, bonus!
- Catchall Dish or Container. This little wooden box is perfect to hold the small items and any nighttime vitamins or medicine you need to take.
- Room Spray. I have not tried these Naturalist sprays from West Elm, but the bottle is gorgeous 🙂 If you like to make your own room spray you can always make it in a pretty glass spray bottle or transfer one from a plastic bottle to the glass bottle to make it a little more appealing.
- Pillow Spray. Right now we are using the Bath and Body Works Lavender Linen Spray, but my favorite is this one from This Works.
- Hand Cream. This is my favorite hand cream and although the scent is a little fruity for nighttime, it’s one my husband loves so I use it 🙂
- Foot Cream. Because we live in the hot southern part of Texas, sandals are a year round staple and don’t nobody got time for crusty feet.
- Lip Treatment. Lip balm is a necessity all through out the day but a treatment is a necessity at night. If you aren’t using a lip mask or treatment style balm you don’t know what you’re missing. I’ve been using this one from Bath and Body Works for a few months now and it’s comparable to the coveted Bite Beauty Lip Masque (that I also love).
There you have it! My all time, must haves for my nightstand essentials and nighttime routine. I do have 3 drawers on my nightstand which actually holds a ton so if you’d like to know what’s IN my nightstand make sure to let me know in the comments below!
Oh and I ALWAYS have a book on my nightstand! One of my goals for this year is to read at least one book a month and so far I’m doing good since I started in November of last year. My daughter and I got library cards from our local public library and I’m loving getting to go find the books and delve into the drama or information or humor of whatever I’m reading. Right now, I’m reading a personal growth book called 101 Things to Do Before You Diet by Mimi Spencer and I’m loving it! Make sure you are following me on Snapchat at ashleyndesigns for inspiration from what I’m currently reading and on Instagram to find out what new books I’m reading!
Want to save this for later? Pin this image and it will bring you right back!
If you want to hear about my actual night time routine, make sure you are subscribed to my Youtube channel where I’ll be talking all about it in an upcoming video!